Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Recipe Challenge Submission by Rachelle Wakefield: Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
1 spaghetti squash, cut in half, seeds removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. ground turkey
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 ½ teaspoons dry basil or 2 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons dry oregano or 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
28 oz. diced tomatoes
salt to taste
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Place prepared spaghetti squash halves flesh side down in a glass baking dish. Fill the
dish with about 1" of water.
2. Cook spaghetti squash on HIGH for 15 minutes in the microwave.
3. Preheat broiler to HIGH.
4. Heat large skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil and ground turkey. Sauté turkey
until no longer pink. About 5-7 minutes.
5. Add garlic, basil, oregano, and salt. Stir to mix and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add diced tomatoes, stir and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in ricotta cheese.
8. Add spaghetti squash to a dry baking sheet, flesh side up. Fill the hole in the squash with
the mixture (you will have some left over). Top each squash with 1/2 cup of mozzarella
9. Place baking sheet in oven under the broiler for 5 minutes or until the cheese is slightly
10. Add a sprinkle of basil for garnish.
11. Using a fork gently scrape the flesh of the spaghetti squash to create spaghetti looking
Vote for your favorite recipes using the "Google Endorse" button!