Skillet Gnocchi with Shrimp, Chard & White Beans
Recipe adapted from Eating Well – I added the shrimp and extra Italian seasoning
6 servings | Active Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi, (see Tip)
• 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 .5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1/2 cup water
• 6 cups chopped chard leaves, (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
• 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
• 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
• 12 oz. cooked shrimp
Preparation 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. 2. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans, Italian seasoning and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi, shrimp and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Per serving : 365 Calories; 7 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 8 mg Cholesterol; 55 g Carbohydrates; 14 g Protein; 6 g Fiber; 616 mg Sodium; 360 mg Potassium 3 Carbohydrate Serving Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat Tips & Notes •
Tip: Look for shelf-stable gnocchi near other pasta in the Italian section of most supermarkets.
Please try this recipe and don't forget to vote on your favorite recipes by using the google recommend button! You may vote for any and all recipes that you like.