Monday, November 30, 2015

Meet Your WellU Team - Megan Streveler (Wellness Coach)

My name is Megan Streveler, EdD, ATC, ATR (pronounced Meegan) and I work within WellU as the new coach for Shape Up & Stretch Breaks.  I grew up in Wausau, WI and completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in Exercise & Sport Science – Athletic Training (1999).  I then completed by Masters’ degree from the University of Wisconsin Madison in Educational Administration-Higher Education (2001) and my Doctorate of Education from the University of Minnesota in 2013.  I worked for 4 years at Gustavus Adolphus College in Athletic Training and I have been in Duluth for 11 years now, working at UMD as the program director for their undergraduate Athletic Training Program.  I am excited to be a part of WellU helping you with your Shape Up/Stretch Break needs.  


The two programs I offer within WellU:
Shape Up:
The goal of Shape Up is to support CSS employees in reaching their health and wellness goals. The program offers each participant 3-4 sessions, starting with an initial fitness screening and goal setting discussion.  The following sessions are check-ins to note progress and to adjust your program.  Sessions could include learning how to operate the workout equipment, learning ways to increase core strength, discussing nutritional habits or whatever will help you reach your health goals. The final session will include a repeat of the fitness screening to note your personal achievements.


Sessions are available Monday, Tuesday & Thursdays, 4:00pm & 5:00pm.  You can sign up through ImLeagues.


Stretch Breaks:

Stepping away from your desk and taking a few minutes to stretch during the workday has many positive benefits.  I can come directly to your office/department and conduct a 10-minute stretch break! You can contact me directly to see which time slots are still available on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.  mstreveler@css.edu