Research has shown that the benefits of walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes
There really are so many benefits for such a simple activity! WellU wants you to enjoy these benefits as well! Join us for our upcoming WellU Walk. Below are a few images from previous WellU Walks.
Sole-Mate: A Friend By Your Side
The thought of being alone can be enough to keep some people from walking. The best way to solve this is by finding a friend to walk with. You can plan walking paths that are convenient for both of you, or map out routes that take you places you've never been before. It's a great way to exercise and spend time with friends!
(From the American Heart Association)Find your Sole Mate by joining WellU for a Well U walk! The walk will take place on August 18th. The walking group will meet out side the Chapel entrance at 7:30 am.
Please click below to sign up.
Well U Walk Sign Up
If you have any questions please contact Julie Zaruba Fountaine at Jzarubafounta@css.edu