date: May 15, 2015
time: 6:30 AM - 8:30 AM
location: MN Power Plaza, Duluth, MN
Stop by on your bike commute to work for free Duluth Coffee, a free bike tune-up, and a light breakfast. Learn how to load your bike on a DTA bus. The DTA will be providing free rides for bicyclists (with your bike) for the day, so this is the perfect opportunity to ride your bike one way and take the bus the other.
Did you know?
- According to recent edition of "Bicycling", some 54% of Americans live less than 5 miles from their jobs
- Approximately 12 bicycles can be parked in the space required for one automobile.
- $24.3 billion is the estimated annual cost of traffic jams to commuters in 29 major U.S. cities.
- There are approximately 139 million automobiles in the United States.
- 100 bicycles can be produced for the same energy and resources it takes to build one medium-sized automobile.
- The average cost of a new bicycle bought in the United States if $385.00.
- The average cost of a new car in the United States is $13,531.98.
- The average number of barrels of oil consumed daily in the United States is 17 million.
- 43% of these barrels of oil are consumed by driving.
Industrial world cities typically use at least one third of their land for roads and parking lots for vehicles.If you have never tried to bike to work make Friday the day you begin! If you would like to get started go to: http://www.commutebybike.com/cats/commuting-101/