The holiday season can be a time of joy but also a time filled with a hectic schedule and changes in your daily routine. Even with the additional demands placed on yourself during the holidays it is possible to enjoy yourself.
- Start by setting realistic expectations for yourself and/or your family. Do you really need to bake 4 dozen different types of cookies?
- Create multipliers. Do you have a date with your girlfriends/partner etc. planned but you have not been able to exercise? Ask if they would like to join you for a walk or ski.
- Keep a budget in mind. It may be easy to fall into a materialistic mindset but remember it is possible for you, your family, and your friends to enjoy the holiday season through the experiences you share together not the things you buy for each other.
- Plan and communicate. Try to set a flexible schedule for yourself including time for you to relax and communicate your plans with your family and friends.
- Remember people are not perfect, families are not perfect do not expect them to be. You may have a few rough spots over the holidays but that does not ruin the good experiences you will have.
- Take time to relax, visit the WellU Resources page and go on a 5 minute vacation. Here is the link to the webinar, 5 Minute Vacation .