Are you looking to improve your physical fitness as Spring approaches? Have you considered taking advantage of the wealth of opportunities available to you through our wellness center? The Burns Wellness Commons is a valuable resource made available to you right at work.
While there are many programs and services available to faculty and staff through the wellness center, they can be divided into four categories: general fitness, fitness classes, the intramural sports program, and outdoor pursuit and equipment rental.
- General fitness refers to all of the lifting machines, cardio machines, free weights, and tracks that are available for use in the wellness center. All you need is a CSS ID and a clean pair of shoes to access these!
- Fitness classes offer a variety of aerobic, strength and conditioning, dance, and mind/body classes to challenge all skill levels. This spring, 12 classes are being offered.
- Intramural Sports are a great way for faculty and staff members to network, model good behavior, and interact with students. A couple dozen faculty/staff come out for IM each year.
- Outdoor Pursuit offers many activities such as skiing, snow shoeing, kayaking, and climbing. You simply sign up for the activities you are interested in, and they will provide the training, equipment, and leadership necessary. Although students have first options, there is usually space available for faculty and staff!
- Equipment Rental offers the gear to outfit you and your group at an affordable price for anything from an overnight camp out in the back yard to gear for a full winter expedition.
Most of these programs are free to faculty and staff members, and a family pass is offered at an annual fee of $125 as well. This membership takes advantage of all of the programs offered through the wellness center. Bo Ekmark, the director of campus recreation, encourages all faculty and staff that are unfamiliar with the Burns Wellness Center to stop by the front desk and ask for a tour at any time! Take control of your health today, and reach out to these great programs and services! Learn more about all that Campus Recreation offers by visiting css.edu/campusrec!