Patricia Pratt-Cook the VP of Human Resources joined the CSS community in August of 2012. Recently, she has been working with the WELLU Committee to develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic wellness plan as mentioned above. According to Patricia, "wellness is an investment in our most important asset: our employees."
Studies have shown that employees are more likely to be on the job and performing well when they are in optimal health. Implementation and participation in a holistic wellness program:
* Creates a culture of wellness which embodies our Benedictine values
* Builds a sense of camaraderie among employees
* Builds a sense of social support, connectedness and shared responsibility
* Improves employee engagement
* Improves employee morale
* Attracts and retains the most talented faculty and staff
* Leads to the reduction and containment of health care costs
* Results in happier and healthier employees
Human Resources is partnering with WELLU in this important effort on campus. A key goal of the wellness initiative is to promote a culture where faculty and staff are actively engaged in a lifestyle of holistic health and wellness and are true stewards of their health and well-being.
So, what can you do to demonstrate your support in this movement toward health and wellness? Patricia recommends that you become a Wellness Ambassador and help spread the word about the benefits of the program. Reinforce the vision and message with your coworkers, get people excited, offer up ideas and resources to HR, and even join the WELLU Committee!